CHANGES – COVID Restrictions from 12.01am Thursday 5th Aug
- One person per two-square-metres at all public venues (cafes, restaurants, hotels, etc) = 50% capacity,
- Gyms will be able to increase their capacity to one person per four-square-metres,
- Sporting competitions will be able to resume but with limits on the number of spectators.
- Schools will be able to resume excursions and assemblies, but students and teachers in high schools must continue to wear masks when indoors.
- Home gatherings will remain capped at 10 people, while the maximum number of people allowed at weddings and funerals will stay at 50,
- Singing and dancing remains banned, as does drinking or eating while standing at licensed venues,
- Mask-wearing also remain mandatory in indoor public spaces, high-risk settings such as aged care facilities, personal care services and on public transport.