Great news, more easing of restrictions.
The COVID Transition Committee met earlier today and has announced the following relaxing of, or changes to, restrictions.
They include, that as of Monday 14th December, the following:
• QR codes and check-in required for ALL retail businesses
• Ceasing the request for people to work from home
• Standing consumption in licensed premises is permitted
• At cinemas and theatres the cap will lift from 50% – 75%, with patrons wearing masks
• Play gyms/cafes can reopen
• Home gathering numbers increased from 10 to 50 people
• Private functions increased to up to 200 people
• Gyms can accommodate people with the 2m2 requirement in place
• Wedding and funerals can increase numbers to 200
• Masks only required to be worn in high risk settings e.g. hospitals, aged care and allied health providers