The Gawler Business Development Group is the prime Gawler body representing the interests of its business members. The organisation is responsible for marketing Gawler as a commercial destination via its on-line business directory www.gawler.org.au, Facebook and events such as the Gawler Jazz Festival and Gawler SALA Art Trail and promoting Totally Locally. The organisation also provides business support by hosting business seminars & breakfasts, networking with other organisations and liaising with Council to improve the practices and sustainability of Gawler businesses.
The Gawler Business Development Group Inc. is offering a 2 year contact (with a possible extension) to the right person to undertake the role of the Communications and Marketing Contractor. The contract position is full time, approximately 35-38hrs/wk. The hourly rate of pay of will depend upon experience & qualifications.
The role is dynamic and involves a variety of responsibilities; communication, event management, administration, project management, representation of Gawler businesses, networking, Social media interaction, website population, marketing and deputations to Council. Some out of hours work is required.
This is a contract position, not an employee position and hence the applicant must provide their own ABN, office space, insurance, vehicle, phone and computer etc.
- Tertiary qualifications in one (or more) of the following; Event Management, Communication & Marketing, Business Administration, Business Development or a related field
- Own ABN number, insurance (public liability and product), transport, computer and office facilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in marketing, communication, administration, public speaking & event co-ordination
- Strong organisational and computer skills
- Ability to work autonomously and take direction from the GBDG Chairperson and Board
- Motivation, initiative, engaging manner and strong networking ability
- Reside in Gawler or the surrounding area
- An understanding of business challenges
- Experience in WordPress (website)
The term is a two year contract, with a four month probationary period. The position includes;
- Production of agendas, minutes, general administration, annual business plan, letters, emails, various reports and correspondence
- Payment of accounts
- Marketing via social media, the Gawler Business Directory gawler.org.au, competitions, newspapers, Totally Locally concept, newsletters, direct mail, radio, website (WordPress) and media releases.
- Event co-ordination and marketing of; business breakfasts, seminars, meetings, Gawler Jazz Festival and Gawler SALA Art Trail and AGM
- Networking and building relationships with local businesses, community members, Council and other organisations
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right person for this contract position
- Your resume outlining your education and up to last ten years of work history
- Business name & ABN number
- A recent sample of a media release or article you have composed
- An example of marketing material you have provided or created
- Details of a Facebook or social media site you administer
- Details of an event or project you have recently organised
- A marketing or business plan of which you are the author
- A sample of minutes or an agenda which you have produced
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 29th January 2016
Email Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries can be made to Peter Caddy M: 0415 775 863